Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mad for Plaid


It's finally getting cold and you know what that means... time to take out the plaid. Plaid always works and will always work. It was a popular pattern in the 1950s found in dresses and mens suits. It was popular in the 1980s and 1990s either worn for a preppy or grunge look. And it's back again. When I think of plaid, there are three awesome things I remember:
  1. Clueless: This movie is like the Mean Girls of the 1990s. Cher, Dionne, and Tai have so many memorable outfits throughout the movie. Their plaid on plaid ensembles are so cute. I know I'm not the only girl who was wishing they had Cher's virtual closet or went on a date with that god Christian even though he turned out ______. 
  2. My So-Called Life: When I started watching this show on Netflix, I was going through a rough time. Just like any teenager, I spent days thinking about my purpose on this earth and never came to any conclusions. I was full of self-loathing, self-pity, and had no idea who I was. That's why I loved this show. Angela (main character) was a mirror image of me. Plus, I really loved the way they dressed. Patterns on patterns on patterns. Another plus is that Jordan Catalano is attractive and the definition of the teenage heartthrob. 
  3. GUYS IN KILTS: Any guy that has the courage to wear a skirt is just awesome. 
I just really want a plaid skirt right now, but I cant find any affordable ones. Can anyone tell me where I can find one? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment