Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lana Del Rey / Requiem for a Dream / Bob's Burgers

Music:
Track List (in order of my favorites):
1. American
2. Yayo
3. Gods and Monsters
4. Ride
5. Bel Air
6. Blue Velvet
7. Body Electric
8. Cola
Lana Del Rey's new album, Paradise, came out and of course I had to get my hands on it. I have listened to it so many times that my parents know the words to some of the songs. Just like in her Born to Die album, Lana's voice reaches my soul and opens up my innermost dark thoughts. There is a mystifying effect to it that pulls you in and once you're in, it's hard to get out; like an addiction.  Although the title is Paradise, some songs say otherwise. Songs like "Gods and Monsters" and "Yayo" (a song she released when she was formerly known as Lizzy Grant) are dismal and somewhat wicked. While songs like "American" (my favorite) and "Bel Air"refer to the Paradise Lana was seeking.

Movies:


Requiem for a Dream
Requiem for a Dream is insane, but brilliantly executed and so you should watch it. The story revolves around four different characters (all connected) who fall hard into drugs and the lethal effects the drugs have on their bodies and mind. However, it not only addresses drug dependency, but also simple things like addiction to coffee or losing weight. While watching it, I felt as if I was the one going insane because of the different camera/sound effects used. The film is brutally honest and when you think that things are going to get better, they go from bad to worse. Just watch it okay? Ellen Burstyn is amazing. Jared Leto is cute. I never realized how pretty Jennifer Connelly was. Marlon Wayans finally has serious part in a movie. Requiem kept my mind active throughout the whole film just anticipating what was going to happen next. If that's not enough, I hope the preview convinces you. 

TV:
Tina from Bob's Burgers
The show, Bob's Burgers, is about a family who owns a burger joint and their struggle to fit in to society. At the same time, though, it doesn't seem like they want to fit in. They are a strange family, but how they act in public is how a lot of families act in private (mines mines mines). I am in love with this show. It's hilarious, but in a not in your face way. Also, I love Tina; I relate to her so much. I think we all have a Tina inside of us: awkward, weird, full of angst. Tina is every teenage girl in the world. Well, almost every. The first season is streaming on Netflix right now so if you wanna waste time and not do what you're supposed to, watch Bob's Burgers. Actually, It would be more of an investment of time than a waste of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment